All brands know that reputation is important.
Social media provides a wealth of interesting and revealing data around what people think of you; your brand, your marketing, your customer service and much more.
Social monitoring platforms are good at tracking this info. They aggregate results. They provide pretty charts. They even enable you to respond to queries.
But they don’t TELL you anything.
The SMR service, created by social media agency PSONA Social, helps you to draw relevant insight from the information. Our team of specialist analysts sift and filter data provided by our partner, Brandwatch. Our experts then validate comments from the most influential sources and give you the edited highlights in a concise report.
Analysis is especially useful if it is in context for your sector. The SMR service looks at attitudes to your brand alongside comparative comments for your competitors.
- What are they doing better than you?
- What mistakes are they making?
- And what effect is all of this having on your brand’s reputation?
To benchmark the comparative popularity of brands across the globe, we created the SMR index. This provides a snapshot of your brand’s popularity out of 100 in social media and compares where you sit relative to your competitors. Tracking the score then gives you a guide to progress and when your competitors’ scores rise or fall sharply, we’ll tell you why.
The resulting reports give you so much more than just stats. Our expert-compiled analyses cover:
- Where the key conversations are taking place
- What positive and negative trends are being discussed by key influencers
- How you can influence and amplify these conversations to boost positive advocacy
- Where threats to your brand’s reputation exist and how they can be managed quickly
- What techniques and content you might need to build positive momentum for your brand in social spaces
- How you can align these activities to your other marketing activities, and, crucially...
- How you can quantify the value of social media marketing.
Our Social Media Reputation (SMR) score provides a benchmark to gauge brands’ respective popularity.
The score is derived by averaging the noise around a brand (‘reach’) with its popularity (‘satisfaction’).
We then compare the numbers from the last month to the previous three months to apply a topical adjustment (‘recency’).
An algorithm and some more human analysis later and an SMR score is born.
To boost accuracy, a representative sample of the automated sentiment data is validated by our expert team, specifically briefed on your marketing objectives.
Negative PR issues can escalate quickly via social media. Our alerts system highlight threats early and our expert team recommend how to respond appropriately.